• Over 25,250 toys, 13,275 books and 450 "big ticket" items (i.e. crib aquariums, mobiles, CD players, DVD players, ride-on toys, bouncy seats, mini refrigerators, etc.) have been purchased and delivered to children's hospitals in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio.
• The Sweet Pea Foundation has set up financial endowments to support its "Seeds of Grace" program with the goal of planting multiple "seeds" that will pay for activities that provide a distraction for sick children.
The first "seed" planted benefits the Ronald McDonald House of Central Indiana's Share-a-Night program. The Foundation makes an annual contribution to allow a family to stay in a room each night throughout the year free of charge. To date, the Foundation has donated over $55,250.
The second "seed" benefits the Beacon Children's Hospital Child Life program in South Bend, Indiana. The funds are used to underwrite activities throughout the year for the pediatric unit. Examples include storytelling, arts & crafts, magic shows and musical performances. To date the Foundation has donated $19,000.
• Several murals have been commissioned and painted at Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center in Mishawaka, Indiana and at A Rosie Place in South Bend, Indiana.
• The Foundation has given over 4,525 "Hugs from Grace" (holiday- and birthday-themed activity bags filled with books, arts & crafts and toys) to kids in hospitals.
• For several years, the Sweet Pea Foundation was able to provide parents with massage therapy treatments when a child was receiving care at Memorial Children's Hospital in South Bend, Indiana.
• The Foundation has mailed more than 65 "Grace-E-Gram" care packages to children being treated at hospitals across the country.
• Over 1 million pop can tabs have been collected and recycled for Ronald McDonald House Charities.
• 100 percent of contributions received go toward programs that help sick children and their families.
• The Sweet Pea Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) as recognized by the Internal Revenue Service.
• The Sweet Pea Foundation was established in May of 2003 in memory of Grace Elizabeth Letherman (a.k.a. Sweet Pea).
Copyright © 2020 Sweet Pea Foundation - All Rights Reserved.